Here are the list of ingredients for Marijoinlah infused Butter Chicken:
- All-purpose flour
- Chicken breast
- Curry leaves
- Chilli padi
- Evaporated creamer (Carnation brand)
- Condensed milk
- Chicken breast
- White rice
He mentioned that there are 2 ways to make it. You can either infuse the Marijoinlah with Ghee separately before adding it to the chicken or just cook it together as you make the butter sauce. He chose the latter because it was the faster route but for more potency, it’s better to infuse it separately first.
Here are the steps to make Marijoinlah infused Butter Chicken. This makes for 2 serving of chicken breasts.
Steps to make the Marijoinlah infused Ghee:
- Grind about 2 tablespoons (or more if you’d like) of Marijoinlah until it’s very smooth
- Put the Ghee in a pan, let it melt on medium heat (you can also use a double boiler)
- Add the finely grinded Marijoinlah (the finer the powdered Marjoinlah, the more effective it is) slowly and keep stirring
- For best results, keep this up for an hour and allow it to simmer
- Let it cool and filter it using a cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer
- You can use it straight away or store it in the fridge using an air-tight container
Making the Marijoinlah Butter Chicken:
- Marinate the chicken breasts it in salt and pepper. Don’t need any more fancy herbs. Salt and pepper goes a long way.
- Dredge the marinated chicken breasts in flour. Make sure to get all surface area of chicken breast.
- Fry those mofos. Because each person’s stove is different, you got to play it by sight. Fry them until they’re golden brown and make sure to remove excess oil then set it aside. Chop the fried chicken into small pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of Marijoinlah infused Ghee, fry curry leaves, add chopped chilli padi and garlic and stir until there’s a fragrant smell. The amount of curry leaves, chillli padi and garlic are based on your taste buds, you can add more or less according to your own liking.
- Once everything is fragrant, add the evaporated milk. Gun uses Carnation brand because the ratio of the sweetness is perfect. Cook it down until it’s around 2/3 the original amount. Then finally, add your fried chicken pieces into the mix.
- Taste your sauce, add salt and sugar accordingly as how you like your butter chicken. Make sure to keep stirring and monitoring your sauce as it will evaporate really fast. Gun suggests using half a tin of evaporated milk first, then cook it down and slowly add more to get the right consistency.
- Serve the butter chicken on white rice and trip out.
If you wanna make bawls to the walls butter chicken using normal butter, just repeat the same steps except, put the finely grinded Marijoinlah during the frying process of the curry leaves and garlic.
Our brave chef facing the wrath of frying chicken, I flinched so many times trying to snap this picture
The house smelled like heaven
It was around 11 P.M. when Chef Gun finished making the butter chicken. Unfortunately, Gun and Black Mamba had to leave because there was an emergency. They told us to enjoy the butter chicken without them. No one noticed when they made the announcement except me… so I quickly went to the kitchen, grabbed a plate of rice, and took a generous amount of butter chicken.
Goddamn, I miss this already.